How do we collect information from you?
Information you give us directly
For example, when you request a free quote, sign-up for a free tool, take part in a competition or promotion, or when we provide you with services.
Information you give us indirectly
For example subcontractors acting on our behalf who provide us with technical services, advertising networks analytics providers and search information providers
When you visit this website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve site performance and the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number)
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for example your IP address and geographical location
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, ethnicity and religion. We do not collect this type of information.
How and why is your information used?
We may use your information for a number of different purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us
- keeping a record of your relationship with us
- conducting analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information
- dealing with entries into a competition
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide
- notifying you of changes to our services
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
How long is your information kept for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for, The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes)
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or share your information to third parties
Data protection and GDPR law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. Insite Web Ltd considers the following grounds to be relevant:
Where we are entering into a contract with you, we will need your personal data in order to ensure that we perform our obligations to you under that contract.
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email marketing or access to tools.
Compliance with law
In some situations we may have a legal obligation to use or store your personal data.
We may use your contact details to provide information about our products and services, as well as promotions, competitions and other opportunities that we think may be of interest to you.
We will only send marketing communications by email if you have explicitly provided your prior consent. If you want to remove your details from our mailing list at any time, you can do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email. If you cannot find an email, then mail your request to [email protected] from the email address you registered / contacted us with (this can take up to 72 hours to update). Alternatively, you can contact us on 0800 086 9678 to request removal from specific tools or marketing.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. When we collect your information we will make it clear how we will use the information. We will also ensure that all forms we to collect information let you select your communication choices by ticking relevant boxes.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. However, we may still need to contact you for administrative purposes for example letting you know the results of a competition.
You have certain rights under UK data protection law. These rights cover any personal information that we may hold about you.
- You have a right to see the personal data we hold on you. If you would like a copy of the data we hold, or think the data we hold is incorrect you can request a copy by contacting us at Insite Web Ltd, 89C High Street, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, MK16 8AB or by emailing [email protected]. You will need to provide proof of identity. Where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a fee for processing this request
- You have the right to withdraw consent for use of your data at any time
- You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how we use it. The only exception is where there are specific legal requirements which mean we need to keep some or all of the data we hold. In such cases we will outline those reasons in our response
- You may also have the right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data
- You have the right to object to your data being processed for marketing, legitimate interest or statistical/research purposes
Please contact us at [email protected] to exercise any of these rights
Keeping your information secure
We take your data security very seriously so we ensure that appropriate controls are in place to protect it.
Insiteweb.co.uk is a fully secure site protected by an SSL certificate. This means that any data that you submit via our site is encrypted and protected. Data stored by us is password protected with access to data limited only to those employees, agents or other third parties with a business need to know.
Some data is stored by third parties on our behalf. Where this is the case we have received assurances that all data is protected to at least the same level of security that we use ourselves.
Using children’s personal data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13.